Spring into 2018 with support from Health Promotion and Wellness!
The start of a new year is when many people focus on prioritizing their health and well-being. Take advantage of Health Promotion and Wellness services, programs, and events to make 2018 your best year yet! If resolutions are on your radar, read more about the art of setting wellness goals.
- Ergonomic evaluations: Pain and discomfort should not be a part of your work day. Schedule a free ergonomic evaluation to make sure your work space is set up to maximize your productivity and minimize discomfort. Small changes can lead to big results. Schedule a consult today!
- Family activities: Health Promotion and Wellness holds a variety of activities throughout the semester that are free to families. This semester’s activities include Family Bowling, Family Swims, and Family Day at the Children’s Discovery Museum. Click here for dates, times, and registration information.
- Fresh FAVs: Fresh FAVs is an eight week long program that brings high quality, low cost produce right to campus. The deadline to sign up is January 31. Learn more and sign up online.
- Lifestyle Enhancement Program: Lifestyle enhancement program classes are a great way to reduce stress and improve your physical well-being. Spring offerings include Balanced Bellies and Backs, Noon Yoga, T’ai Chi, Table Tennis, Tuesday Yoga, and more. Additional information and registration forms are available online.
- Massage: Massage is a great way to take care of your body and mind. Massage is offered right on campus two times a week for only $15 for 15 minutes. Massage services are provided by Aches Away massage therapists and multiple appointments can be booked back-to-back to receive a longer massage. View available appointments and register.
- Mindfulness classes: Mindfulness has a variety of mind body benefits, including better sleep, decreased stress, and a stronger immune system. Classes are available for both students and employees. All sessions meet once a week for four weeks. The spring Employee Koru Basic Mindfulness course begins Wednesday, February 28 and meets at noon. The Student Koru Basic Mindfulness course class begins February 6 and meets from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Get additional information and register online.
- Nutrition consultations: Free, confidential one-on-one nutrition consultations are available to students and employees. Registration forms are available online.
- SEVEN—Discover Wellness at Illinois State: Join the SEVEN program and log wellness activities in the seven dimensions: emotional, environmental, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and vocational. Participants earn points for activities and points count toward prizes. Get additional information and sign up.
- Special Events: Join Health Promotion and Wellness for National Walking Day on April 4 and at NutriFest on Thursday, April 26!
- Support for Nursing Mothers: new this year, two courses are available every other month beginning with Breastfeeding 101 on Wednesday, January 31. These classes are designed to help breastfeeding moms successfully return to work or school. Classes are free and open to employees as well as students. Learn more about classes and sign up.
Support Available from Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness is here to help! Health Promotion and Wellness provides wellness information, services, events, and programming to students, faculty, staff, and the Illinois State community. People living, learning, and working in a healthy, supportive environment are more likely to reach their highest potential.