Thinking about graduate school? Illinois State University’s Career Center will host the Graduate School Series this spring to assist students and alumni who are considering or planning to attend graduate school.
Each session is held at the Career Center in 110P Student Services Building, except the GRE practice test, which will be held in 130 Schroeder Hall. Participants can choose to attend an individual session or all seven. Workshop sessions include:
- Graduate School Overview – February 14 and repeated March 20
- Insider Tips to Graduate Admissions – February 19
- Introduction to the GRE – February 21 and repeated March 27
- Free GRE Practice Test – February 24, 9 a.m. – noon., registration required
- Writing Personal Statements – February 26 and repeated March 29
- Financing Graduate School – February 28 and repeated April 3
- Choosing and Applying to a Graduate School – March 22
“One of the goals of Illinois State’s Career Center is to assist students with their career and educational goals,” said Maureen Roach, Career Center senior assistant director. “The Graduate School Series educates students about graduate school so they have what they need to make a well-informed decision about additional learning and if graduate school is for them.
“Students can also visit the Career Center for additional advice and support from a professional career advisor anytime during their decision process. After all, when students consider graduate school they’re not just making an educational choice, they’re making a significant investment in their future. And we’re here to help,” Roach added.
For more information about this event or to request a special accommodation, contact the Career Center at (309) 438-2200.
The Career Center assists all Illinois State University students with developing, evaluating, and implementing career decisions.