Milner Library’s Ready Record Studio is now available to all students, faculty, and staff to record quality digital video projects. This user-friendly space is a great way to practice presentations, complete a class assignment in a creative format, or even record a one-on-one interview. No video recording experience is required!
“This technology would have saved me hours when I created my online class,” said Interim Milner Library Dean Shari Zeck. “I am happy Milner can offer this service to students, staff, and faculty.”
The Ready Record Studio is located in the library’s uLab, Room 213B.
What we have
- Presenter workstation and 55-inch display for loading presentations or websites.
- Presentation pointer for advancing slides.
- Two tall interview-style chairs.
What you need
- USB flash drive with adequate storage space (1 minute = 50MB).
- Presentation to have displayed on screen (using either a second USB flash drive or a website).
- Your imagination!
What you do
- Insert your flash drive.
- Press the recording button.
- Press the stop button.
- Remove your flash drive.
Another user-friendly aspect of the Ready Record Studio is the online self-service reservation system. With just a click, you can reserve a 30-minute time slot. The studio is available Monday–Thursday, 7 a.m.–11:30 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.–7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.–7:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m.–11:30 p.m. Reserve now!
Zeck invites students, faculty, and staff to start creating. “Milner Library looks forward to all of the innovative projects that come out of this studio!”