May closures for the Bone Student Center Revitalization
Revitalization continues for the Bone Student Center. Several temporary closures will begin Sunday, May 13, and Monday, May 14, to accommodate the work.
- There may be brief tunnel closures throughout the week of May 13 due to work taking place inside the courtyard. Signage will be posted, and alternative entrances on the first floor west side and second floor east side will be available.
- The west entrance on the second floor will be closed for scheduled utility work for approximately two weeks, beginning May 14.
Prairie Room and Atrium
- The Prairie Room will close on May 14 for roughly five weeks.
- The Atrium on the second floor will also be closed beginning May 14 for roughly six weeks.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Due to scheduled utility work required in the space, Einstein Bros. Bagels will be closed for roughly six weeks beginning Sunday, May 13.
- During Einstein’s closure, Burger King will be open weekdays from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Hot and iced coffee will be available along with regular menu items.
- The Brown Ballroom will not close until June 18, and it will reopen in late winter. More updates will be shared as the work progresses.
- The Brown Ballroom sidewalk removal and replacement project will begin on Monday, May 14. The section of the sidewalk from Locust Street extending past the Brown Ballroom will be closed for approximately three weeks. Pedestrians are asked to use the east entrance to the Bone Student Center or cross at University Street and College Avenue rather than walking around the fencing.
Updates on revitalization will be posted weekly at the Bone Student Center revitalization page, as well as on the Bone’s social media accounts on Facebook, @ISUBone; Instagram, @EventsandFoodatISU; and Twitter, @EventsFoodISU.
The Bone will remain open throughout the project, which is slated for completion by 2020. Learn more about the project.