Make the most out of this academic year with wellness
The beginning of school is a busy time of year for students and employees. When the to-do list starts getting long, it becomes even more important to prioritize your health and well-being. Health Promotion and Wellness is here to help with a variety of services, programs, and events to make this academic year the best one yet.
Here are just some of the programs, services, and events coming up this semester.
- Ergonomic evaluations: Pain and discomfort should not be a part of your work or school day. Schedule a free ergonomic evaluation to make sure your work space is set up to maximize your productivity and minimize discomfort. Even just small changes can lead to big results. Schedule a consult today!
- Family activities: Health Promotion and Wellness holds a variety of activities throughout the semester that are free to families. This semester’s activities include Family Bowling, Family Swims and Climbs, and a variety of offerings to support nursing or expecting mothers on campus. View the fall semester schedule and register.
- Fresh FAVs: Fresh FAVs is an eight-week long program that brings high-quality, low-cost produce right to campus. This semester’s deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 12. Learn more and sign up online.
- Lifestyle Enhancement Program: Lifestyle enhancement program classes are a great way to reduce stress and improve your physical well-being. Fall offerings include Balanced Bellies and Backs, Noon Yoga, T’ai Chi, Table Tennis, Tuesday Yoga, and more. Additional information and registration forms are available online.
- Massage: Massage is a great way to take care of your body and mind. Massage is offered right on campus three times a week for only $15 for 15 minutes. Massage services are provided by Ava Givens, licensed massage therapist, and multiple appointments can be booked back-to-back to receive a longer massage. View available appointments and register.
- Mindfulness classes: Mindfulness has a variety of mind body benefits, including better sleep, decreased stress, and a stronger immune system. Classes are available for both students and employees for both beginners and those who have already taken the Koru Basic class. All sessions meet once a week for four weeks. Fall Koru Basic for Employees begins September 5, and Koru 2.0 for Employees begins in early October. Koru Basic for Students begins October 2, and Koru 2.0 for Students begins November 6. Get additional information and register online.
- Nutrition consultations: If you have nutrition-related questions, we have answers! Free, confidential one-on-one nutrition consultations are available to students and employees. Registration forms are available online.
- SEVEN—Discover wellness at Illinois State: Join the SEVEN program and log wellness activities in the seven dimensions: emotional, environmental, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual, and vocational. Participants earn points for activities logged and points count toward prizes. Get additional information and register online.
- Special events: Character Day on September 26, Reggie’s Tailgate on October 13, PAWSitively Stress Free, and more! View all Health Promotion and Wellness events.
- Support for Nursing Mothers: New this year, two workshops and Chat ‘n Chews are offered every month. View this semester’s class schedule and sign up.
Support available from Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness is here to help! Health Promotion and Wellness provides wellness information, services, events, and programming to students, faculty, staff, and the Illinois State community. People living, learning, and working in a healthy, supportive environment are more likely to reach their highest potential.