There is still time to share the amazing work you and your students have done within the community during the 2017–2018 school year! Now through September 7, Illinois State University faculty and staff can record their community engagement efforts by clicking on “Report Your Activity” on the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning website.
As a core value of the University, it is important to track Illinois State’s civic engagement efforts each year. The information collected by the center will be compiled into engagement reports for administrators within each college, department, and unit. The information will also be used by the center to partner community organizations with student groups, classes, and faculty members for more engaged learning and scholarship.
The information will also be included within Illinois State’s application for the Carnegie Foundation’s Elective Classification for Community Engagement Classification. This classification would provide the University with national recognition for its commitment to its community and its support of the transformative experience that community engaged teaching, learning, scholarship, and service offers students.
If you have not already reported your community involvement activities, please do so no later than September 7. The reporting form will ask for the following information:
- Whether it was a curricular/co-curricular activity
- Information about the class and/or group
- A brief description of the activity
- The type of engagement performed
- Social issues/public problems that were addressed/examined
- Learning outcomes associated with the activity
- How students completed the activity (individually or in groups)
- Information about the community organization with whom they worked
- Where the service took place
- Estimated number of students and hours of service completed
Only a few of these questions are free-text responses; the majority involve responding to multiple choice questions.
If you have any questions about this student community engagement data collection process or have any problems accessing or completing the form, please contact Christine Bruckner, assistant director of the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning, at (309) 438-1133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.