Nominations open for Student Affairs alumni awards
The Division of Student Affairs takes tremendous pride in the accomplishments of our Redbird alumni, and recognizes their commitment to our division through various alumni awards. Nominations are currently open for the following awards.
The Division of Student Affairs Legacy Hall of Fame award is named in honor of Vice President emeritus Steve Adams and former First Lady of the Division Sandi Adams for their many years of combined service and commitment to Illinois State University. Induction into the Hall of Fame is an honor bestowed upon alumni who served as student leaders or student employees in the Division of Student Affairs.
Recipients are recognized for their contributions while on campus and their post-graduation commitment to one or more of the following domains:
• Contributing new knowledge through research, scholarship, and creative pursuits.
• Providing enduring dedication to individualized attention.
• Promoting teamwork, respect for differences, and goals that celebrate diversity.
• Enhancing the quality of life for communities through collaborative and individual action.
Hall of Fame awards are presented each spring at the Steve and Sandi Adams Legacy Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Nominations are due December 1.
The division is also proud to announce the inaugural Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession award. This award is presented to Illinois State University graduates (bachelors, masters, or doctoral) who have been a student affairs and/or higher education professional for at least ten years and whose practices significantly reflect the values and mission of the Division of Student Affairs, which may include any of the following:
• Applying of knowledge, experience, and resources to create educational environments that address student needs, promote community, embrace multiculturalism, enhance student learning, or foster student development.
• Mentoring students and professional colleagues.
• Contributing to the student affairs profession through regional, state, and/or national involvement in professional associations.
• Collaborating with colleagues to meet institutional objectives.
• Demonstrating an appreciation for life-long learning and ongoing professional development.
Recipients are honored at the Illinois State University Alumni and Friends Reception held during the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators Annual Conference. Nominations are due November 30.
Please consider nominating deserving candidates for the Hall of Fame and the Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession awards.