Winter Birth-to-Third Grade networking event
Come join the B-3 Continuity Community of Practice!
Preschool Expansion and Preschool For All Expansion (PFAE) programs are invited to gather on Tuesday, February 26, 2019, for a Birth-to-Third Grade networking event. The Birth-to-Third Grade (B-3) Continuity Project is hosting this event in Normal. Preschool administrators and program’s family support specialist are encouraged to attend this event together.
The event will deliver insight to birth-to-third grade alignment strategies, provide expansion updates, and include an opportunity to network with others across the state working on a birth-to-third grade continuum. Participants will be some of the first to see the release of the upcoming report, Birth-to-Third Grade Continuity Project: Looking Back Moving Forward, Reflecting on the First Four Years. Communities that have been a part of the Preschool Development Grant – Preschool Expansion will share lessons learned in B-3 alignment and specifically in family engagement.
B-3 networking event
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
9 a.m.–3:15 p.m.
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Bloomington-Normal
8 Traders Circle, Normal, IL 61761
Target audience: Preschool Administrators and Family Support Specialists
- 8:30–9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00–9:30 a.m. Connecting with those like you: Who’s here and B-3 goals
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. General Session: B-3 report findings and panel discussion
- 10:15–11:30 a.m. General Session: Supporting intersections between families and the classroom
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. Family engagement panel
- 1:30–1:45 p.m. Break
- 1:45–3:15 p.m. Breakout sessions: Hot topics and networking
- Administrators and Family Support Specialists separate
- 3:15 p.m. Closing