Walk with Wellness on April 3 and earn a free sandwich
Physical activity is an important part of everyone’s day. Unfortunately, many people do not meet the recommended daily guidelines for exercise, which means they are at a great risk for heart disease, stroke, and other blood vessel disease. Heart disease remains the number one killer of both men and women in the United States. And even those with regular work out routines often spend most of their day sitting.
Moving Does a Body Good
Taking an activity break is not only good for your body. Movement throughout the day also clears your mind and helps you focus on school or work. So take a break and have some fun on the Quad at Schroeder Plaza!
Walkers who complete a loop of the Quad will get a free sandwich. All attendees may enter to win prizes, including a wellness goodie bag and the grand prize of a Fitbit from TechZone. Participants can also complete additional activities such as blood pressure checks, nutrition trivia, and more. Each additional activity completed equals an additional entry into the prize drawings. Heart health information and other wellness resources will be available from various campus and local organizations.
This is a free event open to students, employees, and the entire Illinois State University community.
What: Walk with Wellness for Move More Month
When: Noon, Wednesday, April 3
Where: Schroeder Plaza on the Quad. Rain location: Concourse Level, Redbird Arena
- Warm up with Campus Recreation at 12:05 p.m.
- Walk a loop of the Quad (or more!) with Reggie at 12:10 p.m., but feel free to stop by anytime between noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Free sandwich for the first 100 people to walk a lap of the Quad
- Complete extra activities to receive additional entries into the drawings for prizes such as a wellness goodie bag and the grand prize of a Fitbit from TechZone.
- Visit with campus and local organizations
- Post photos of you walking using the hashtag #ISUWalks to also gain additional chances to win prizes.
Additional event features include blood pressure checks, photo booth, prize drawings, and access to campus and community health resources. This is a free event open to Illinois State University students, employees, retirees, and the entire Illinois State University community.