Students, alumni explore the possibilities of graduate school
Thinking about graduate school? The Career Center will host the Graduate School Series this fall to assist students and alumni who are considering or planning to attend graduate school.
Session will be held from noon to 1 p.m. on Fridays in the 110P Student Services Building. Participants can choose to attend an individual session or all six of the following workshops:
- Graduate School Overview—September 6
- How to Pay for Graduate School—September 13
- Researching & Choosing Grad Schools and Navigating the Application Process—September 20
- Introduction to the GRE—September 27
- Personal Statement Secrets—October 4
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae—October 11
“One of the goals of Illinois State’s Career Center is to assist students with their career and educational goals,” said Maureen Roach, Career Center senior assistant director. “The Graduate School Series educates students about graduate school so they have what they need to make a well-informed decision about additional learning and if graduate school is for them.
“Students can also visit the Career Center for additional advice and support from a professional career advisor anytime during their decision process. After all, when students consider graduate school they’re not just making an educational choice, they’re making a significant investment in their future. And we’re here to help.”