UMC won gold for “Best Viewbook” for a publication created for the Office of Admissions and for design work created for the Illinois State University Horticulture Center. The only other CASE V universities to win as many gold awards this year were Butler University, the University of Iowa, and Miami University.
“I am so proud of the UMC crew for winning three gold awards at CASE V,” said UMC Executive Director Brian Beam. “And this year, Illinois State had the top Viewbook! It’s exciting to see that University Marketing and Communications can compete and win against larger university marcom groups throughout the Midwest.”
UMC’s award-winning design, editorial, and photography work supported university initiatives sponsored by the Office of Admissions, Horticulture Center, and Redbird Athletics.
“We’re proud of how our team highlights the outstanding students, faculty/staff, alumni, and donors of Illinois State,” Beam said. “It’s fulfilling to get this kind of recognition from our peers in higher education.”
Here are all of Illinois State’s 2019 Pride of CASE V honorees:
- Best Viewbook (gold): Illinois State University Viewbook 2019, designed by Michael Mahle and with photography by Lyndsie Schlink for the Office of Admissions.
- Excellence in Design, Poster, Individual (gold): “Plant Explorers,” designed by Jeff Higgerson and Sean Thornton for the Illinois State University Horticulture Center.
- Excellence in Illustrations (gold): “Children’s Garden Party, Plant Explorers,” designed by Jeff Higgerson and Sean Thornton for the Illinois State University Horticulture Center.
- Excellence in Design, Poster Series (silver): “Illinois State University Athletics poster series,” designed by Michael Mahle and Evan Walles and with photography by Lyndsie Schlink for Redbird Athletics.
- Best Recruitment Publication, Series (bronze): Create Your Future, designed by Evan Walles and with photography by Lyndsie Schlink for the Office of Admissions.
Illinois State University is a member of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District V, along with public and private institutions across Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. The Pride of CASE V Awards showcase best practices in alumni relations, fundraising, advancement services, special events, and outstanding communications. Award winners were recognized December 17 at the CASE District V Conference in Chicago.
UMC serves as a creative agency handling Illinois State’s communications to external audiences through marketing, publications, social media, photography, and videography.