Campus prepares for state stay at home directive
In order to comply with Gov. JB Pritzker’s statewide stay at home directive for COVID-19, Illinois State University is implementing additional measures for campus facilities and operations. The state directive takes effect at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21, and will remain in effect through April 7.
Illinois State will continue to support the alternative delivery of classes, house and feed students who cannot return to their permanent residences, and continue essential university operations. Only essential on-site personnel necessary to support these functions, as determined by the president or appropriate vice president, are permitted to come to campus. Other university employees should not report to their campus work location and are expected to work from home under the direction of their supervisors.
The bullet points below provide general guidance concerning university operations during the stay at home order.
- The move to online and alternative class delivery will begin as planned on Monday, March 23, and continue for the remainder of the semester and finals week.
- Illinois State facilities will be restricted to all but essential personnel *(see below). Campus units will provide specific direction to employees. Specific questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University will continue to provide many services virtually.
- Students currently living in residence halls and university-owned apartments will have access to Watterson Dining Commons as well as students with off-campus meal plans. Watterson Dining Commons will continue to provide to-go meals only.
- Students and families will still be able to return to campus at their scheduled times for move-out from residence halls and university-operated apartments.
- Mail Services will continue operations on a limited basis for mail and package delivery.
- Only contractors or vendors providing essential services will work in the University and Foundation-owned facilities until further notice.
- University staff and faculty are urged to prepare their offices and work areas by emptying refrigerators, shutting down computers and securing other office or lab equipment as needed.
*Essential personnel include:
- Illinois State University Police Department
- Student Health Services
- Emergency Management (including Emergency Operations Center personnel)
- University Housing Services (roles supporting students living on campus)
- Dining (roles supporting students living on campus)
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Building Service Workers (as needed)
- Staff to perform essential maintenance, repairs
- Heating Plant
- IT services (roles requiring on-campus presence)
- Research (roles requiring on-campus presence)
- University Mail Services
- Faculty providing alternate modes of instruction where on-site presence is permitted
- Animal care
- Fiscal and operational leadership (as determined by the president or area vice president)
Please visit Illinoisstate.edu/coronavirus for up-to-date information about Illinois State’s response to COVID-19. The site contains a Frequently Asked Questions section. Questions can also be sent to email@example.com.