Get the help you need to teach online
The first day of a new teaching and learning reality is quickly approaching for Illinois State faculty and students. The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (CTLT) has partnered with experienced online teachers and talented support staff to offer several resources for instructors.
First and foremost, the University continues to update two valuable resources online. These “hubs” are the best places for both instructors and students to find answers and advice about teaching and learning:
- Redbirds Keep Teaching includes strategies for transitioning to online instruction, advice for using Zoom, recording media, and a list of frequently asked questions.
- Redbirds Keep Learning is a link that instructors should share with their students. It will point them to all the resources they need to successfully learn online. It also links them to help managing anxiety and getting academic support, like writing assistance and tutoring.
- In addition, ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu is the first place students should go for help using tools like ReggieNet and Zoom. Instructors should point them there when they have trouble, and students will get the help they need.
Online Teaching Mentors ReggieNet Site
CTLT has partnered with more than 40 highly experienced Illinois State University instructors to help faculty transition to online teaching. All Illinois State instructors have been added to a special ReggieNet course site called Online Teaching Mentors. It features the following:
- Forums: A space to ask questions, share best practices, and offer tips for using tools in ReggieNet and Zoom
- Consultation Sign-up: Connect directly with experienced faculty from across the disciplines for one-on-one meetings
- Contacts: A list of CTLT staff and their areas of specialty, to help instructors get the answers they need
To access this special site:
- Open ReggieNet
- Select Sites (in the upper right corner of the screen)
- Look under Projects for Online Teaching Mentors
- Select the star icon to add it to your Favorites
Online Office Hours
CTLT support staff will continue to hold Online Office Hours via Zoom the week of March 23. There will be two daily, one-hour sessions:
- Monday to Friday, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Monday to Friday, 1 to 2 p.m.
No registration is required. See CTLT’s Online Office Hours page for more.
While most of the CTLT staff is now working from home, we remain committed to supporting you through this challenging time. You can always email CTLT@IllinoisState.edu or call (309) 438-2542 to be connected to one of our talented team members. CTLT’s office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
University COVID-19 Response
For the latest on the University’s coordinated response, please see Coronavirus.IllinoisState.edu.