Illinois State University seeks to make job searching a little easier for Redbirds seeking career opportunities abroad with GoinGlobal, the University’s online career tool kit.
Located within Hire-A-Redbird, Illinois State’s online job vacancy system, GoinGlobal provides useful, actionable information to meet the evolving needs of job seekers. The tool includes an employer directory for students to identify employers and view job openings. With over 6 million job and internship listings and corporate profiles of thousands of key employers from across the world, it includes information from local job boards, staffing agencies, executive search firms, career fairs, nongovernment organizations (NGO), and global organizations.
In addition to job search information, GoinGlobal also provides Redbirds with access to the following:
- A proprietary H1B visa search engine─allowing students to identify employers in the United States who are seeking to hire international talent
- Career guides and tools─such as information on hiring trends, work permits/visa regulations, professional and social networking, interview advice, and even guidelines for creating culturally correct resumes and curricula vitae (CVs)
- In-depth analysis of industry trends and hiring outlooks by sector
- Insights into international career cultures─such as advice on how to act appropriately in both social and professional settings, and guidelines for preparing for interviews and how to follow-up on them afterward
- Detailed living and financial information by location─such as cost of housing, transportation, taxes, medical care, and other financial factors
- Immigration details─including work permit and visa requirements, links to application documents and supplemental online resources, all developed specifically by an immigration lawyer
GoinGlobal is proudly provided through a collaboration between the Career Center and the Office of International Studies and Programs. According to Luis Canales, director of the Office of International Studies and Programs, “GoinGlobal is a great resource for domestic students, faculty, and staff seeking international internships or jobs abroad, as well as for international students and scholars seeking employment in the U.S.”