The annual CMS Benefit Choice Open Enrollment Period is from May 1-June 1. Human Resources would like to highlight a few of the major changes you will find in the information booklet that will be mailed to the homes of employees.
- Premiums will be changing for full-time employees for the first time in several years. Please review the booklet to understand the changes to your current plan and, if you should wish to change plans, the other options available to you.
- We recommend reviewing the plan summaries as well since there have been changes to co-payments, deductibles, and prescription costs.
- A new health plan, the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) administered by Aetna, is now available and includes a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- The HSA includes a State contribution to the account. Employees may elect to contribute additional funds on a pre-tax basis via payroll deduction.
- Employees who have the HSA may not participant in MCAP flexible spending.
- Only those employees who enroll in the CDHP may participate in the HSA.
- There are additional rules surrounding eligibility for the HSA. Please review the booklet for further details (see booklet page 9).
- The MCAP maximum contribution amount will be $2,750 for the FY21 plan year with a $500 maximum rollover. Employees must re-enroll in MCAP for the new plan year in order to qualify for the rollover. You must enroll or re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Account each plan year. The MCAP benefit is not available if enrolling in an HSA.
- Beginning July 1, 2020, a $2,500 benefit for hearing instruments and related services every 24 months is available through all plans when a hearing care professional prescribes a hearing instrument. Contact your health plan provider for additional details.
The Benefit Choice Open Enrollment Period begins on May 1, 2020 and will run through June 1, 2020. Changes can be made online at MyBenefits.illinois.gov.
- Assistance with enrollment is available with the MyBenefit Service Center at (844) 251-1777 or (844) 251-1778 (TDD/TTY), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Changes to benefits will take effect on July 1, 2020.
- Please upload any required documentation no later than June 10, 2020, to complete Benefit Choice changes. Failure to provide required documentation may result in cancellation of Benefit Choice changes.
Human Resources is available to assist with questions. Please feel free to contact us at (309) 438-8311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Benefit Choice booklet indicates that a fair will be held at the Bone Student Center on May 5, 2020. Given current guidelines regarding large group gatherings, the fair has been cancelled. However, CMS will be hosting virtual events with representatives from CMS and the benefit vendors to discuss the changes and answer member questions. An additional email will be sent to campus once the details for these virtual fairs have been finalized.