Phase 2 of a series of COVID-19 planning tools and resources is now available
The Center for the Study of Education Policy, with its partners from Leading Ed Partnerships, which include ROE #1, ROE #17, ROE #19, and ROE #28, has just released Phase 2 of a four-phase series of planning tools and resources—using the Cycle of Inquiry process—designed to support schools navigating their work during COVID-19.
- Phase I – Re-Orienting to the Crisis Period: This phase is focused on what can be done in the here and now to address the school community’s most pressing needs and to position the school for effective longer-range planning.
- Phase 2 – New Learning Phase: This phase is focused on exploring new information and data to better understand learning gain or loss that may have occurred during the remote learning period.
- Phase 3 – Fall Re-Entry Plan: This phase is focused on developing an action plan with appropriate measures, including the identification of the most responsive strategies with the greatest likelihood of addressing the impact of learning gain or loss during the disruption caused by the mandatory school closure period.
- Phase 4 – Enacting Strategies: This phase is focused on plan implementation and diagnosing progress toward process and outcome goals to determine the scope and direction of plan modifications.
In Phase 2, the NEW Learning Phase, the work of the principal, in concert with the Instructional Leadership Team, is to synthesize disparate data sources and determine what learning actually occurred. Complementary resources have been developed with the training guide, including:
- SEL Competencies and Corresponding Skills
- Survey Focus Area Summary
- Teacher Survey Tool
- Caregiver Survey Tool
- Student Survey Tool
- ILT Meeting Debrief Template
- ILT Meeting Debrief Note-Catcher
- ILT Meeting Debrief Note Catcher Guidance
- ILT Meeting De-Brief Guidance
- School Reform Initiative Atlas Data Protocol
- NWEA Brief on Projected Learning Loss
- TEAM Lead Coach Protocol
Although developed for schools funded through the Leading Ed Partnerships, these materials are open-source materials and available for any school or district to use and customize.
Phase 3 training and resources are anticipated to be released around June 30, 2020, and Phase 4 training and resources are anticipated to be released around August 31, 2020.
The COVID-19 toolkit and resources can be found at https://leadingedpartnerships.org/covid-19-school-resources/