Milner Library now offering curbside pickup and campus delivery
While Milner Library’s physical building remains closed, the campus community can now request items for curbside pickup and/or on campus delivery via campus mail.
Curbside pickup and on campus delivery are available for any item that would normally be checked out from the library’s Circulation Desk, with the exception of Course Reserve materials and three-hour media equipment.
To request items:
- Find the item(s) you wish to check out via our online catalog. Once in the catalog record, under the Get It section select sign in and sign in using ISU Central Login credentials. If not affiliated with the University, choose Courtesy Card Login. If you need help requesting items, please contact our Virtual Reference Desk for assistance.
- Once logged into system, select Request. Then under Pick Up Location select Milner Library for curbside pickup or Work Address under Personal Delivery to receive items via campus mail. Once all other information in the form is filled out, click on Send Request to submit.
- All curbside pickups must be scheduled in advance. Once your email is received and processed, Access Services will respond via email to schedule your pick up time and share additional instructions for contactless pickup.
- If you miss your scheduled time, please reply to your confirmation email to schedule a new pick up time.
Even though the CDC states that the risk of COVID-19 transmission through porous surfaces like paper and cardboard is extremely low, to be extra cautious all items returned to the library will go through a 24-hour quarantine. Ways to help us keep items safe for yourself and others include washing your hands before reading, do not handle items if you feel unwell, and please leave the book cleaning to our professionals.
Virtual Reference Desk Information
Research assistance remains available via our Virtual Reference Desk. Milner librarians remain available six days a week to help virtually by:
- Texting (309) 807-9442,
- Via email,
- Chat when the Chat with Us button is green on the library’s website,
- and/or by contacting a Subject Librarian to schedule a research consult via Zoom and/or email.
Summer Virtual Reference Desk hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Research assistance is available to anyone regardless of University affiliation.