Join the Network for College Success for seven days of powerful learning with teams of educators from across the country at the National Freshman Success Institute.
Read all the details here.
The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) thanks you for investing your time to nominate a great family educator for the 2020 Toyota Family Teacher of the Year Award. NCFL and Toyota initiated this partnership 24 years ago to recognize the teachers in the nation who are best at engaging families in the educational process. School and community-based teachers who are exceptional at engaging families are eligible for nomination.
Following a careful review of the selection criteria, please complete the online nomination form. You do have the option to fill in individual sections, save your incomplete entry, and return to your initiated application form at another time. All required sections must be completed before submitting your nomination.
Please submit your nomination no later than 11:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, June 26, 2020. For assistance or questions, please contact Angel Chichester at AChichester@familieslearning.org.
Call for Articles: Expanding the Conversation: Rural Education Research: A special issue of the Peabody Journal of Education
In 2016, the National Rural Education Association (NREA) released its Research Agenda 2016-2021 identifying ten rural education research priorities. As the Research Agenda draws to a close, it is time to take stock of the state of research within these ten priority areas and to identify new research directions. In addition, recent political, instructional and health challenges suggest that new research is needed to support rural education in a post-COVID-19 world. For this special issue we invite scholarship that synthesizes research in an area of education either within or beyond the ten priority areas including:
- Access to counseling/mental health/chemical dependence services
- Building the capacity to meet the needs of diverse populations
- Closing achievement gaps in rural schools
- College and career readiness/preparation for post-secondary experiences
- Data-driven decision-making to improve student educational attainment
- Effects of poverty on rural education
- Rural school/family relationships
- Teacher/leader preparation for rural schools
- Technology integration needed to meet the needs of rural schools
Click here to learn more.