Applications now open for the CAST Washington, D.C., internship, summer 2021 program
Applications are now open for the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) Washington, D.C., Summer 2021 scholarship program.
The scholarship is continually offered to encourage professional practice opportunities for high achieving students who wish to pursue a summer internship in Washington, D.C.
Students have the opportunity to experience fast-paced, challenging, and exciting internship opportunities in a variety of areas.
Some examples of Washington, D.C., internships include positions within the:
- White House
- National Archives
- Department of State
- Homeland Security
- Department of Agriculture
- National Institutes of Health
- Department of Justice
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- And hundreds more that encompass all disciplines and majors!
Professional practice internships combine observation and participation practices to create a meaningful experience for students. CAST also offers financial support to offset housing costs for participants.
Check out a few stories of students who went through program in previous years.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Undergraduate students with majors in CAST who have earned a minimum of 75 semester hours by the end of the current semester with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
- Full-time students in CAST graduate programs who have earned a minimum of 16 semester hours with a minimum grade point average of 3.50.
Applications must be submitted on or before Friday, October 30, 2020. Check out the application for more information and details on internship dates, supervision, eligibility, and application process.
Questions? Contact Kara Pool Snyder at (309) 438-3986 or kepool@IllinoisState.edu.