Take advantage of the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology’s extensive online resources as you finalize your teaching plans. Here are a few important links to get you started.
Faculty, support staff, and administrators from across campus have contributed to this resource, which was extensively updated this week. You’ll find:
- Sample language for your syllabus covering several topics, including those impacted by COVID-19, such as student absences and recording class sessions
- A faculty toolbox for student success, showcasing campus resources
- A compilation of resources to ensure equity in online teaching
- Health and safety guidelines for in-class instruction
- Information on classroom technology for hybrid teaching and recording
- Guidance for requiring students to use a webcam in synchronous learning situations
- A guide to technology help for both faculty and students
- Accessibility resources to ensure you’re meeting the needs of our diverse population of students
CTLT has recently reorganized its extensive library of downloadable handouts and tutorial videos covering all aspects of ReggieNet. You’ll find help for setting up assignments, creating assessments, uploading your syllabus, and transferring course content from past semesters to Fall 2020 ReggieNet sites.
This guide to using Zoom in your teaching covers everything from setting up meetings, recording and sharing videos, pre-assigning Breakout Rooms for synchronous group work, preparing polls, and how to find attendance data after class.
You can also browse other software and services which can enhance your students’ experiences this fall, including Flipgrid, Nearpod, Office 365 Video, and much more.
CTLT will hold open office hours using Zoom on August 17, 18, 24, and 25 from 1 to 2 p.m. Instructors are welcome to join these sessions to ask questions about ReggieNet, Zoom, and more. No registration is necessary.
In addition to these online resources, support staff at the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Email CTLT@ilstu.edu for assistance.
For immediate technical help, instructors can contact the Technology Support Center at ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu or by calling (309) 438-HELP.