Virtual Part-time Job Fair connects students with employers
Career Services is pleased to host its annual Part-time Job Fair on September 2, from 2-4 p.m. This year the job fair will be held virtually to ensure participants’ safety during the ongoing pandemic. The event allows students to meet local employers from local retailers, restaurants, nonprofit organizations, and other organizations seeking to hire them for part-time positions. Even though this is a virtual fair for part-time jobs, students are still encouraged to dress business casual.
Important information for Illinois State students
To help attendees prepare for the virtual fair, Career Services is offering the following resources and events to Redbirds:
- Tips for how to navigate a virtual fair – learn how to not only navigate the fair, but how to effectively dress, set up your seating space, and more.
- Career Resource Guide – a booklet filled with helpful tips and advice such as how to construct an effective resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter, commonly asked interview questions, and more.
- Drop-in hours and Late-night Resume Reviews – virtual support available from trained Career Services student representatives.
- Symplicity Jobs and Careers app – free app to explore the employers attending the fair to identify which you most want to meet, to research their organization, or just to let them know you want to connect with them.
- Social media – join the Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful preparation tips.
Important information for employers
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University for your open positions and internship experiences. Registration is now open for all fairs. Be sure to review the instructions for how to navigate a Career Services virtual career fair.
For more information about the virtual career fairs held this fall, contact Career Services.
Career Services supports Illinois State University’s Educate Connect Elevate: Illinois State—The Strategic Plan for Illinois’ First Public University 2018-2023 by assisting students with developing, evaluating, and implementing career, education, and employment decisions.