Milner Library’s physical building will close to walk-in patrons beginning Tuesday, September 8 and temporarily transition to access by appointment and/or virtual services. Curbside pickup and on campus delivery services will continue. More detailed information on impacted services and resources is available on the library’s COVID-19 response page.
Request an Appointment
ISU students, faculty, and staff can request access to the library’s physical building through their subject librarian. Appointments will be limited to two hours maximum, and all safety guidlines must be adhered to while in the building.
Milner Library’s Special Collections and the Dr. Jo Ann Rayfield University Archives are also closed to walk-in patrons, but appointments can be made for access to those collections and/or to schedule an appointment for virtual research assistance.
Curbside Pickup and Campus Delivery
Curbside pickup and campus delivery remain available to anyone wishing to check out items. These options are available for any item that would normally be checked out from our Circulation Desk, with the exception of Course Reserve materials and three-hour media equipment.
To request items:
- Find the item(s) you wish to check out via our online catalog. Once in the catalog record, under the Get It section select sign in and sign in using ISU Central Login credentials. If not affiliated with the University, choose Courtesy Card Login. If you need help requesting items, please contact our Virtual Reference Desk for assistance.
- Once logged into system, select Request. Then under Pick Up Location select Milner Library for curbside pickup or Work Address under Personal Delivery to receive items via campus mail. Once all other information in the form is filled out, click on Send Request to submit.
- When your item(s) is available for pickup, you will receive an Item Available Notice via email. For Milner-owned items, this message will include a link to schedule a cubrside pickup time. For I-Share items, you will need to contact the Circulation Desk at (309) 438-7321 to schedule a pickup time. After scheduling a pickup time, you will receive a confirmatoin email that will include futher instructions and links for cancelling or rescheduling your original pickup time. If you have multiple items for pickup it is only necessary to schedule one pickup time. Circulation staff will bring all available items to you at the time of pickup.
- If you miss your scheduled time, please reply to your confirmation email to schedule a new pick up time.
Virtual Research Help
Virtual research help via our Virtual Reference Desk remains available seven days a week. Connect with Milner librarians by chat when the library’s homepage Chat with Us button is green, texting (309) 807-9442, via email, and/or by contacting a subject librarian to schedule a research consult via Zoom or email.
Fall Virtual Reference Desk hours are
- Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday Noon to 10 p.m.
More detailed information on temporarily altered services and resources is available on the library’s COVID-19 response page.