Redbird alumni and Career Services virtual events and programs
Redbird alumni are invited to participate in virtual career fairs and professional development events through Career Services. All Career Services events are done virtually to better assist Redbird alumni during the pandemic, making resources and programs convenient and easily accessible. Learn from wherever you are and be a part of virtual events that can increase opportunities in your career. Redbird alumni can connect with and learn from employers from all industries, including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and others to network and learn about their open positions.
Virtual fall fair opportunities
- Department of Agriculture Career Fair, Thursday, October 1, connects recruiters with Redbirds who are seeking positions in the agriculture industry.
- Fall Education and Student-Teacher Career Fair, Friday, November 6, connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking Redbirds as student teachers, and related fields for open positions.
- Health, Human and Public Service Career Fair, Thursday, November 19, connects recruiters from hospitals, health and human service organizations, and public and social service agencies seeking to hire candidates interested in full-time employment and internship experiences in health care, criminal justice, political science, and those interested in working in nonprofit and government.
In addition to virtual career fairs, Career Services is offering a variety of career readiness programs for alumni that will allow them to network with fellow Redbirds in desired organizations and share the value of transferable skills creatively developed while at Illinois State.
Additional Career Services programs
- How to Nail a Behavioral Interview, Friday, October 2, will help alumni learn what employers expect in a behavioral-based interview and learn the S.T.A.R. approach when interviewing.
- CreativeCon, Tuesday, October 13, brings together creatively connected students with alumni and employers. Learn how to act on your creative career interests and goals while connecting the value of your liberal arts education to your future.
- Negotiating Your First Job, Wednesday, October 28, helps understand the uniqueness of job negotiation and how it can be difficult. It will feature a panel of human resources specialists and help alumni gain confidence and skill to negotiate job offers.
Career Services is here to support Redbird alumni. Whether you are in a position to hire a fellow Redbird, or looking to transition to another job, Career Services is an excellent resource to assist in every step of the way. Be sure to look out for more career development events and programs for the remainder of the fall and spring 2021. Visit Career Services to find additional alumni resources.