As the semester begins to wind down, Career Services is hosting their final career fairs for the fall. If you’re a Redbird seeking to connect with employers for job opportunities or to build your professional connections, or one who is seeking outstanding Redbird talent, be sure to attend our last two fairs in November.
Fall education fair
If you’re in education, you don’t want to miss the Fall Education and Student Teacher Career Fair on Friday, Nov. 6. During this virtual event, alumni can connect with school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking Redbirds for their full-time positions.
If you are a Redbird seeking to give back to Illinois State by hiring a Redbird for an open position, registration is still open.
Health and public services fair
The Health, Human and Public Service Career Fair will be held virtually on Thursday, Nov. 19. This fair connects recruiters from hospitals, health and human service organizations, and public and social service agencies seeking to hire candidates interested in full-time employment and internship experiences in health care, criminal justice, political science, and those interested in working in nonprofit and government. Registration for Redbirds seeking to hire a candidate is still open as well.
To help attendees prepare for the virtual fairs, Career Services is offering the following resources and events:
- Navigating a Virtual Fair — Gain quick tips on how to navigate the virtual fairs held on Hire-A-Redbird, learn the difference between professional and casual interactions, discover how to present a 30-second commercial/elevator pitch, and identify what should and should not be done when communicating with employers in virtual settings.
- Tips for how to navigate a virtual fair — Learn how to not only navigate the fair, but how to effectively dress, set-up your seating space, and more.
- Career Resource Guide — A booklet filled with helpful tips and advice such as how to construct an effective resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter, commonly asked interview questions, and more.
- Drop-in hours and Late-night Resume Reviews — Virtual support available from trained Career Services student representatives.
- Symplicity Jobs and Careers app — Free app to explore the employers attending the fair to identify which you most want to meet, to research their organization, or just to let them know you want to connect with them.
- Social media — join the Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful preparation tips.
Because the career fairs are being held virtually, alumni must register in order to gain access to the virtual fairs. Alumni who have graduated recently, simply access their Hire-A-Redbird account to register and attend the virtual career fair.
If you no longer have access to your Hire-A-Redbird account, sign up with your alumni information, at least four business days prior to gain access. The four-day requirement is essential, as Career Services will need sufficient time to process the request, provide information on how to login, and how to register for the fair.
If you are in the process of recruiting talent for your open positions and internship experiences, registration is still open for both fairs. Be sure to review the instructions for how to navigate a Career Services virtual career fair.
For more information about the virtual career fairs held this fall, feel free to contact Career Services.
Career Services supports Illinois State University’s Educate Connect Elevate: Illinois State—The Strategic Plan for Illinois’ First Public University 2018-2023 by assisting students with developing, evaluating, and implementing career, education, and employment decisions.