You probably know about ReggieNet and MaxIT, both tools used to deliver instruction and training for different purposes. However, the pandemic and remote work created a new demand to move in-person training and orientations to an online environment. Comevo is now available campus-wide to meet the newfound training demand.
Comevo, an online orientation and training software, delivers a personal and engaging online experience for all users. Comevo has a versatile and intuitive interface making it easy for you to create interactive training sessions.
You may be asking, why do I need Comevo and how is it different than ReggieNet or MaxIT? It is important to know all three have unique and complementary uses. To help you understand what to use, a brief breakdown can be found below:
ReggieNet is the official online learning platform for students. This is the primary tool for students on class-related material. Key features include:
- Student facing for class-related material.
- Large network for support from the Center of Teaching and Learning Technologies (CTLT).
- Can hold up to 500 course participants.
- Generally requires ISU ULID access to ReggieNet.
MaxIT is the online learning platform for mandated training courses. This tool is primarily used to deliver the annual Ethics training. Key features include:
- Identifies who has started, not started, or completed training.
- Suitable for mandated employee training.
- Requires pre-created files that will be converted to training modules (AICC/SCORM).
Comevo is an online training platform which may be used to conduct orientations or trainings. Key features include:
- For use by employees and guests (non-ISU employees and students).
- For use by students for non-course related training.
- Supports anonymous participation and identified participation with ISU login.
- Provides details about course participation such as who started, completed, or is in-progress, including email reminders to those who started but didn’t complete a session.
- Personalized completion certificates can be generated for logged in participants.
- Well-suited to allow users to easily create training courses.
More details and support is available through the Technology Support Center, including a Knowledge Base article https://ithelp.illinoisstate.edu/knowledge/7414-training-tools-at-illinois-state-university/.
Need Assistance with your Comevo Training?
While Comevo puts the ability to create training in your hands, The Office of Technology Solutions Knowledge & Training team is available to assist. They can assist as you develop your Comevo training course, review your content, ensure it meets University accessibility standards, and answer questions you may have surrounding the course features in Comevo.
To receive assistance, please email KnowledgeandTraining@ilstu.edu
As always, additional technology support can be found via web, chat, email, and phone from the Technology Support Center at ithelp.ilstu.edu, 309-438-4357, or email@example.com