As the semester comes to a close, employees should be aware of the Friday, December 23 pay date and university closures.
Enroll in direct deposit
Skip the trip to the Payroll Office by enrolling in Direct Deposit:
- Ensure you are on the Illinois State University network (use VPN if you are off campus—call the IT Help Desk at (309) 438-4357 if you require assistance setting up your VPN)
- Navigate to my.illinoisstate.edu and login using your ULID and password
- Select Login to iPeople
- Select the Direct Deposit tile
- Under Accounts, select the plus sign to add your bank account
- Select OK to acknowledge your acceptance of the terms and conditions
- On the Add Account screen, enter the following information:
- Nickname (assign a description or name to your account).
- Routing Number (can be obtained from your check or by contacting your banking institution)
- Account Number (can be obtained from your check or by contacting your banking institution)
- Retype Account Number
- Account Type: Select Checking or Savings
- Deposit Type: You are encouraged to select Remaining Balance
- Select Save
- Call the Payroll Office at (309) 438-7677 to get your Direct Deposit approved
- The Payroll Office is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Due to university closures, the University Payroll Office will be closed from 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 23 through 8 a.m. on Monday, January 4.
Until further notice, paper paychecks will continue to be mailed to employees not enrolled in Direct Deposit. Employees should ensure that their mailing address is up to date.
- To confirm a mailing address:
- Login to iPeople and select My Paycheck
- Review the address listed in the upper left-hand corner of your paycheck
- To Change a Mailing Address:
- Follow the instructions posted online