As Redbirds continue to thrive during the pandemic, Career Services is pleased to announce its spring virtual career fairs. Redbirds can connect with employers from all industries, including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and others to network and learn about their open positions, all from their desktop.
Spring fair list
The following is a list of the fairs being held this spring through Career Services:
Spring Internship Fair, Thursday, February 4, connects employers seeking candidates to fill their internship positions.
Construction Management Fair, Thursday, February 11, connects recruiters seeking candidates to fill their full-time or internship positions in construction management, safety, and renewable energy.
Accounting Career Fair, Friday, February 19, connects recruiters hiring for accounting positions only with candidates in accounting and seeking an accounting position.
Spring Career Fair, Tuesday, February 23, connects employers with candidates from all majors seeking full-time positions.
Spring Education Career Fair, Tuesday, March 2, connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for open positions.
Important information for Illinois State students
To help attendees prepare for the virtual fairs, Career Services is offering the following resources and events to Redbirds:
- InstaCareer – attend these career preparation sessions in which participants learn first-hand from recruiters how to introduce themselves well to employers, how to make a good first impression, how to dress appropriately online, and how to best research and follow-up with employers after career events. One date is specifically for education majors.
- Tips for how to navigate a virtual fair – learn how to not only navigate the fair, but how to effectively dress, set-up your seating space, and more.
- Career Resource Guide – check out this online booklet filled with helpful tips and advice such as how to construct an effective resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter, commonly asked interview questions, and more.
- Drop-in hours and Late-night Resume Reviews – participate in a virtual resume review with a trained Career Services student representative.
- Symplicity Jobs and Careers app – download this free app to explore the employers attending each fair to identify which you most want to meet, research their organization, or just to let them know you want to connect with them.
- Fair preparation tips – visit Career Services Events and click on the fair you are interested in attending to access a list of helpful tips.
- Social media – join Career Services (@ilstucareers) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful preparation tips.
Important information for alumni
Career Services continues to support the careers of Redbird alumni beyond their time at Illinois State. In addition to the resources above, alumni are welcome to participate in any of the department’s career events, including virtual career fairs. However, because the fairs are being held virtually, alumni must register in order to gain access to the career fairs. Alumni who have graduated recently, simply access their Hire-A-Redbird account to register and attend the virtual career fair. If alumni no longer have access to their account, sign up with your alumni information, at least four business days prior to gain access. The four-day requirement is essential, as Career Services will need sufficient time to process the request, provide information on how to login, and how to register for the fair.
Login information for non-Redbird candidates
Those who are not Illinois State students will need to complete the following process to participate in Career Services hosted virtual career fairs. Sign-up for a Hire-A-Redbird account to gain access to the fair. If attending a different institution, enter the school email for the first field called “Student ID/Email” and into the email field. If one is a community member, enter your personal email into both fields.
Important information for employers
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University for your open positions and internship experiences. Registration is now open for all fairs. Be sure to review the instructions for how to navigate a Career Services virtual career fair.
For more information about the virtual career fairs held this spring, contact Career Services.
Career Services supports Illinois State University’s Educate Connect Elevate: Illinois State—The Strategic Plan for Illinois’ First Public University 2018-2023 by assisting students with developing, evaluating, and implementing career, education, and employment decisions.