As students prepare to graduate in the spring and alumni start their careers, many Redbirds are exploring additional educational opportunities. To help students and alumni who are considering graduate school, Career Services is hosting the Spring Graduate School Series.
“One of the goals of Career Services is to assist Redbirds with their career and educational goals,” said Maureen Roach, Career Services senior assistant director. “The Graduate School Series educates them about graduate school so they have what they need to make a well-informed decision about additional learning and if graduate school is for them.”
The series includes five sessions, each held virtually. Zoom links are available on the Graduate School Series web page. Participants can choose to attend an individual session or all five. Sessions include:
- Admission Secrets—February 10
- What you Should Know Before Graduate School—February 12
- How to Pay for Graduate School—February 17
- Researching Graduate Schools and Navigating the Process—February 19
- Writing a Winning Personal Statement—February 24
- Introduction to the GRE: Test Taking Strategies—February 26
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae—March 3
“Redbirds can also connect with Career Services for additional advice and support from a professional career advisor anytime during their decision process,” Roach added. “After all, when students consider graduate school they’re not just making an educational choice, they’re making a significant investment in their future. And we’re here to help.”
Career Services assists Redbirds with developing, evaluating, and implementing career decisions.