Generation Z has been described as having the savviest technical skills and as the most resilient generation than any other in existence today. Although those skills are essential to being successful, the job search itself isn’t any easier for Gen Z graduates or alumni. Career Services provides the following support to assist Redbirds in their job search and careers.
- Update your Hire-A-Redbird profile. This interactive job vacancy system allows students and alumni to research, identify, and apply for job and internship openings. One can also publish documents such as résumés and cover letters. Be sure to update your profile with your graduation date, contact information, email preferences, and degree/major information. Those who don’t have their profile up-to-date may miss out on being contacted by employers or on information being sent from Career Services about interviews, career fairs, and more.
- Let us know where you are going. If you are graduating, complete the Project Nest survey (it only takes a few minutes to complete).
- Got a job or going to graduate school? We want to hear about it. Tell us your story to inspire other Redbirds with your job or graduate school acceptance. We may even featured your success on our digital displays in the Bone Student Center and on our social media!
- Get a resume or LinkedIn profile review. Connect with us virtually or in-person during our drop-in hours to be sure your resume or LinkedIn profile is job search ready!
- Save the date for upcoming career fairs. As an Illinois State alum, you are welcome to participate in Career Services career fairs to identify positions, network with professionals in your field, or just explore career options.
- Outline a career plan with your career advisor. Let our career advisors help you develop a concrete career plan, review your résumé to help make it stand out to employers, and prepare for an interview before you start applying for jobs. Virtual career advising assistance is available.
- Take advantage of Career Services’ online tools. These include Hire-A-Redbird, InterviewStream, GoinGlobal, and FOCUS.
- Stay in touch with Career Services. Bookmark the Career Services website and join us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn so you can continue to take advantage of our offerings, such as résumé reviews, practice interviews, graduate school support, application reviews, and more. Just search our handle: ilstucareers.
- Give back what you receive. When you’re in a position to hire an employee, be sure to contact Career Services. Let us help you find the right candidate. Whether you’re a supervisor, employer, or entrepreneur, you can always give back to Illinois State by hiring a Redbird.
Let Career Services assist you so you’re able to successfully pursue your career today, and beyond!