The following message provides an update on testing availability and locations for the remainder of the Fall 2021 term and information about general Illinois State University health and safety standards applicable to the University community for students, faculty, and staff.
Health and safety standards are subject to change and are adopted as a part of the University’s COVID-19 prevention and mitigation strategies as recommended by the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Updates to testing availability and locations
Students, faculty, and staff who do not have a COVID-19 vaccination record or proof of a positive test within the last 90 days on file with Student Health Services are required to remain in compliance with on-campus COVID-19 testing requirements. To remain in compliance, required students, faculty, and staff must participate in COVID-19 testing as soon as possible upon returning to campus after any time away or university break and continue to test weekly (every seven days) while on campus.
For the most up-to-date information about testing sites and locations, visit the Coronavirus website. Please note the following updates to testing hours and locations:
- Friday, November 19: The Bowling and Billiards Center (BBC) Testing Center will permanently close at 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 22: Testing will be available in the former Fire Station at 604 N. Adelaide from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Dependents, retirees and volunteers who need to test on this date may do so at this location. All other testing locations are closed.
- November 23 – 28: No on-campus testing locations will be open during this period.
- Monday, November 29: Student Services Building, Room 130, will open as a new testing center with the hours previously available at the BBC.
- Monday-Wednesday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursday: 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Please note: With the exception of defined time periods identified in this correspondence, testing for ISU employee dependents, retirees and volunteers is available ONLY at SSB 130. Dependents must identify themselves. Dependents who are minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- November 29 to December 10: SSB 130, Fire Station, and the Redbird Room in Redbird Arena will be open Monday through Friday. See the Coronavirus website for the most up-to-date hours of operation at these locations.
- December 9: The Redbird Room in Redbird Arena will close for the remainder of the fall term after December 9.
- December 13 – 21: The former Fire Station at 604 N. Adelaide will be the only available on-campus Testing Center. It will also serve dependents, retirees and volunteers on these dates. Information about expanded hours for this testing center will be posted at a later date on the Coronavirus website.