The Division of Student Affairs is seeking nominations for two of their most prestigious awards, the Steve and Sandi Adams Legacy Hall of Fame and the Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession.
Steve and Sandi Adams Legacy Hall of Fame
Induction into the Steve and Sandi Adams Legacy Hall of Fame is an honor bestowed upon alumni who served as student leaders or student employees in the Division of Student Affairs. Recipients are recognized for their contributions while on campus and their post-graduation commitment to:
- Contributing new knowledge through research, scholarship, and creative pursuits
- Providing enduring dedication to individualized attention
- Promoting teamwork, respect for differences, and goals that celebrate diversity
- Enhancing the quality of life for communities through collaborative and individual action
Candidates need only demonstrate outstanding contributions in one domain. Candidates must have served as a student leader or student employee in the Division of Student Affairs and be a graduate of Illinois State University.
Nominations and support forms are due December 3 by 4:30 p.m.
Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession
This award recognizes Redbirds who are leaders in the Student Affairs profession and have made a significant mark on or contributed to the status of the field and its people.
Illinois State University’s Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession Award is presented to Illinois State University graduates (bachelors, masters, or doctoral) who have been a student affairs and/or higher education professional for at least ten years and whose practices significantly reflect the values and mission of the Division of Student Affairs, which may include the following:
- Applying of knowledge, experience, and resources to create educational environments that address student needs, promote community, embrace multiculturalism, enhance student learning, or foster student development
- Mentoring students and professional colleagues
- Contributing to the student affairs profession through regional, state, and/or national involvement in professional associations
- Collaborating with colleagues to meet institutional objectives
- Demonstrating an appreciation for lifelong learning and ongoing professional development
Nominations and support forms are due December 7 by 4:30 p.m.
Please take this opportunity to recognize a deserving Redbird for one of these meaningful awards.