The Illinois State University Payroll Office encourages active employees to elect to receive their Form W-2 and 1095-C statements online. This allows employees to print and send the online form with their tax return. Employees will not have to worry about their tax documents being delayed or lost in the mail and will be able to access their tax documents at their convenience via iPeople.
How to enroll in paperless tax documents
- Ensure you are on the Illinois State University network (use VPN if you are off campus – call the IT Help Desk at 309-438-4357 if you require assistance setting up your VPN)
- Go to https://my.illinoisstate.edu/
- Login using your ULID and Password
- Select iPeople
- Select Tax Forms
- Select W-2/W-2c Consent (from the left side navigation)
- Check the box consenting to receive your W-2/W-2c forms electronically
- Select Submit
- Select 1095-C Consent (from the left side navigation)
- Check the box consenting to receive your Form 1095-C electronically
- Select Submit
The University Payroll Office encourages all employees to maintain accurate addresses throughout the year. However, as the 2021 calendar year concludes, it is especially important for tax purposes.
- To Confirm a Mailing Address:
- Login to https://my.illinoisstate.edu/
- Select Pay & Benefits tab
- Select My Paychecks
- Review the address listed in the upper left-hand corner of your paycheck
- To Change a Mailing Address:
- Follow the instructions posted online
- Changes should occur no later than 1/7/2022, to be included in the 2021 Form W-2 processing
For certain non-US citizen employees, the 2021 Forms 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) will be mailed by 3/15/2022, as required under Internal Revenue Service regulations.