To continue your exemption from tax withholding for 2022, you must provide a new form W-4 to the University Payroll Office by February 15. If you do not provide a new form W-4 by February 15, withholding will be based on the filing status of “Single.”

If you provide a new form W-4 claiming exemption from withholding on February 16 or later, it will apply to future wages but will not allow a refund of any taxes withheld during the period when the exempt status was not in place.