Annual food drive
Our Annual Food Drive begins April 1 and runs through April 29.
Non-perishable, non-outdated food items will be collected and donated to a local food pantry in Bloomington-Normal. Items most needed are canned meats, canned fruits, canned vegetables, boxed dinners such as Hamburger Helper®, macaroni and cheese, noodles, peanut butter, rice—regular or quick cook, cold cereal, sugar, flour, cooking oil or vegetable oil. To donate, find a red bin closest to you.
This year, food donations will benefit the food pantry at Western Avenue Community Center. Serving up to 300-400 people per month in West Bloomington, the pantry has provided this valuable service to our community for the past 5 decades.
Possible Drop-off Locations
- Alumni center – Foyer near fireplace
- Uptown Crossing – 2nd floor
- DeGarmo Hall – 3rd floor- EAF office
- Student Fitness Center and McCormick Hall – Health Promotions and Wellness Office
- Health Services – 3rd floor
- Milner Library – Employee Lounge Room 159
- Carter Harris – Physical Plant Office
- Hovey Hall – 2nd floor
- State Farm Hall of Business – 2nd Floor – Room 129
- Fell Hall – 1st floor – Entrance
- Nelson Smith Building – Mail Room
- Stevenson Hall – 1st floor – Room 141
- Schroeder Hall – 3rd floor – Department of History Office
- Office of Residential Life – Front Desk