Hello, [First Name]!
We in ISU’s School of Communication (COM) have published our sixth digital newsletter for alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the School. In this issue, the stories include:
• COM Faculty and students Handle the Pandemic
• RSOs in COM combat COVID-19 challenges
• Update on The Vidette’s Rebirth
• Alumni engagement challenges and triumphs
• Awards for COM Redbirds as semester ends
• WZND continues to impress with national awards
• Collaborative effort in communication class fosters community
• Fulfilling a dream: Broadcast Hall of Famer Sandra Torres
• Graduate Program Newsletter (fall 2020 edition)
This fall 2020 edition of our newsletter was challenging to produce, particularly because of changes in doing our work because of the pandemic’s effects on almost everything. We also persevered though other difficulties, the details of which are not worth going into here and contributed to its later-than-usual production.
Through it all, the students remained diligent in their work and resilient in their attitude. The students, whose stories are in this issue, are Joanna Cardona, Kathryn Del Rosario, Lily Gerth, and Isabelle Thompson. Other stories, which were released recently and separately, were written by Nick Erickson and John Moody.
We publish this e-newsletter up to three times a year, and the team is staffed by students who can also work on other communication matters for the School. Like our previous issues, we look forward to keeping in contact better and more often with you.
If you have any story ideas for future issues or feedback about this issue, please contact me directly.
Peter M. Smudde, Ph.D., APR, Obl.OSB
Professor & Associate Executive Director