Explore new and redesigned courses at the DART Online Showcase
Faculty members from across campus, part of the inaugural cohort of DART Online (Design, Align, Refine, and Teach Online), will give presentations about their redesigned courses on Thursday, May 8, and Friday, May 9.
The University community is invited to come and see how our colleagues are making the future of higher education a reality, starting in the fall semester. No registration is required. The presentations will take place between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. both days at the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology‘s facilities at 301 South Main Street. The complete schedule for both days is available for download in PDF.
Cohort members spent the spring semester engaged in this innovative professional development program. Unlike previous online teaching initiatives, DART Online is taught in a blended format—75 percent of the course is delivered online, while the remaining 25 percent is taught in more traditional “face-to-face” venues. This gives faculty members a unique perspective on online learning.
Cohort members are nominated by department chairs and directors, and they must be scheduled to teach an online course within the next two semesters. This means that faculty members who go through the DART Online program are not working on some hypothetical class but their own courses, which will be delivered to Illinois State University students within the next academic year.
The presentations on May 8 and May 9 are the capstone experience for the spring 2014 cohort. Each member gets a chance to show how her or his specific course has been transformed. A summer 2014 cohort will begin the program later this month, and nominations for a fall cohort will be opened sometime later in the summer.