Civil Service Council scholarship awardees
The Civil Service Council is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 Civil Service Scholarships.
Recently, members of the scholarship committee met and examined each application and were diligent in their work to select the recipients. The formal announcement will be made at the 2017 Homecoming Faculty/Staff Appreciation Luncheon on Tuesday, October 17.
The Civil Service Council is proud to provide a much-needed financial boost to the children of fellow Civil Service employees through its scholarships efforts. The council is able to do this with the support of the University Foundation that always provides support, even in the most challenging of times.
Each employee has a hand in supporting these scholarships through our Annual Civil Service Scholarship Raffle. The grand prize for this raffle is again a $500 VISA gift card. However, the greatest reward in this raffle is the idea that we are helping higher education students. We plan to raise $1,500 through this effort.
Congratulations to all of our most recent scholarship recipients! The following are the winners of the 2017 Civil Service Council Scholarship, designated for the dependents of ISU Civil Service employees.
Attending Illinois State
- Luke Ludwig, son of Joseph Ludwig, instrument technician, College of Arts and Sciences
- Alexander Plumadore, son of Dean Plumadore, IT technician, Student Affairs
- Peris Story, daughter of Kara Story, Metcalf School, and Derek Story, Human Resources
- Maycee Nordine, daughter of Sandra Nordine, multimedia operator, Learning Spaces & AV Technology
Attending an out-of-state university
- Aidan Cossio, son of Vikkie Cossio, administrative aide in the School of Art. Aidan is a sophomore at Concordia University in Wisconsin.
Carl Johanson Scholarship
- Jacqueline Dellamano, employed at ISU for seven years, Admissions/Records Representative, Office of the Registrar