Dorm do-over new part of Homecoming 2006
Illinois State University students can enter their residence hall room or college apartment bedroom in a contest and receive a complete make-over, including storage solutions, décor and electronics. The lucky student’s room, customized with their personal interests in mind, will be highlighted on Wednesday, Oct. 11, at 6 p.m. in a presentation at the Bone Student Center Prairie Room. Alumni and students who wish to attend the unveiling must register by Wednesday, Oct. 4, online at Dorm Do-Over.
Illinois State students will submit digital photos or video to Illinois State theatre alumna Claire Berger ’77, who will edit them into the visual presentation with comedy commentary for the Oct. 11 presentation.
Berger’s campus Dream Dorm Do-Over appearance also includes:
- Video montage of college entrants touring their rooms and sharing their stories
- Video montage of multi-million dollar homes Berger toured on her HGTV series, showing how design elements are extracted from these mansions to be incorporated into any dorm design
- Before/after video of winning dorm room
- Summary of low cost suggestions anyone can use
- Design-related prize giveaways for audience members
Berger’s career in comedy spans two decades. She began in Chicago with the Second City improvisational theater. She has received critical acclaim as a stand-up comedian and radio talk show host. In 1998, Berger created FunnyWorks, Inc., which focused her talents on humor into the workplace. As the host of the HGTV’s “Fantasy Open House,” Berger takes viewers on an offbeat tour of multi-million dollar homes around the country.