The talents of the Illinois State University Marketing and Communications (UMC) team have been recognized by the Peoria Ad Club, which is part of the American Advertising Federation. Members of UMC’s staff received 15 Addy Awards and a Judge’s Choice Award this year in the first round of the federation’s annual competition on February 16 at the awards ceremony in Peoria.
The Addy Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 50,000 entries each year in local competitions. Gold awards recognize the highest level of creative excellence and are given to work judged to be superior to all other entries. Pieces that capture a gold Addy in the first round of the competition are automatically entered into a national competition.
UMC serves as a creative agency handling Illinois State’s messaging to internal and external audiences through marketing, publications, social networking, photography, and videography.
Our winning clients this year are Admissions, Alumni Relations, College of Business, College of Fine Arts, Counseling, Economic Development Center, Health Promotion and Wellness, Horticulture Center, and Milner.
Members of UMC received a Judge’s Choice Award for the Pride and Passion Announcement booklet. They also captured three gold Addy Awards in the following categories:
- Public Service, Brochure: Pride and Passion Announcement booklet by Jon Robinson
- Advertising for the Arts and Sciences, Brochure: 1911 Garden Dinner brochure by Jeff Higgerson
- Interior On-site Advertising: Wear Red on Friday elevator graphics by Jon Robinson and Lyndsie Schlink
In addition, 12 silver Addy Awards were earned in the following categories:
- Annual Report: Forging Ahead: EDC Annual Report by Mike Mahle
- Public Service Campaign: Voices of Discovery campaign by Jon Robinson
- Exterior Advertising: Beware of Zombies! bus shelter ad by Jeff Higgerson and Lyndsie Schlink
- Publication Design/Editorial Spread: Hands and Feats magazine feature by Jon Robinson and Lyndsie Schlink
- Advertising for the Arts and Sciences, Out of Home: Spring Dance Concert marquee and door graphics by Carol Jalowiec Lyndsie Schlink
- Sales Campaign: Student recruitment package by Mike Mahle and Lyndsie Schlink
- Advertising for the Arts and Sciences, Poster: Children’s Garden Party brochure by Jeff Higgerson
- Newsletter: News & Views magazine by Jon Robinson and Lyndsie Schlink
- Advertising for the Arts and Sciences: Spring Dance Concert poster by Carol Jalowiec and Lyndsie Schlink
- Magazine: Illinois State magazine, November 2011 issue by the UMC team
- Special Event Announcement: Treat Fest flier by Mike Mahle
- Vehicle Graphics: ISU Vehicle graphics by Jon Robinson