Position Title: Application Developer
Company: Midwest Insurance Co
Location: Springfield, IL
Full time/Part time: Full Time
Internship /Temporary/Permanent: Internship
Midwest provides workers’ compensation insurance coverage for businesses. The company, founded in 1998, is headquartered in Springfield, IL. Operating in over 20 states, Midwest utilizes state of the art technologies and a fresh approach to customer service to ensure every customer interaction is as seamless as possible.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Application Developer. You’ll be working alongside other talented developers to build the infrastructure that has helped make Midwest an industry leader. We’re a flat organization where you will be directly involved in the decision making process. Our release cycles are quick; which means you’ll see the results of your ontributions fast, and on a regular basis.
Our developers don’t just write code, they build solutions. Potential projects include web development, mobile applications, EDI, workflow automation, data warehousing and much more.
- Top notch programming skills. You’ll be required to solve several coding exercises as part of your interview.
- Get things done attitude. Being smart is not enough. You must know how to apply yourself in order to solve problems.
- Willing to become proficient in a number of different programming languages, switching between them on a regular basis.
- Attention to detail. You’ll be required to work on multiple projects at the same time requiring impeccable organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language as well Customer Service skills.
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States.
- Willing to work in our Springfield, Illinois office.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume attached. In the body of your email describe how you fit the first four requirements listed above. Your message will be read by an actual technical engineer, so please stick to the serious details. Equal Opportunity Employer.