The Career Center website hasn’t been redesigned for many years. The site needed a new look and new features.
The new site, launched in May, is now easier to navigate for all audiences. This includes student friendly navigation and an employer section to connect with Illinois state talent.
Improvements for students and alumni:
- Home page features current news and announcements
- New design that incorporates the look of the Division of Student Affairs
- Staff profiles to allow visitors to view the expertise and specialization of the services provided
- Tip sheets and helpful videos to help students succeed in the job search
- Events section to identify programs and events to connect students with career development and opportunities
Improvements for employers:
- Greater feature of the employers that actively seek Illinois State talent
- Employer section that allows employers to identify ways to connect with Illinois State students and faculty staff
- Events section to identify programs and events that give students opportunities to connect with employers
The website also has a quick link to the new Hire-A-Redbird job recruiting system. This resource allows students to apply for full and part-time jobs, internships or professional practice experiences. Students are able to store documents on the system, such as resumes and cover letters. Employers will also benefit because it allows them to schedule on-campus interviews with students and post full and part-time job and internship openings.
Visit the new Career Center website to view all the new features.