Grad students: We want you!
Registration is filling up fast for the 2014 Teaching & Learning Symposium, but we’re still looking for people to serve as session chairs. We’re especially interested in giving graduate students the opportunity to participate in this unique way.
Interested? Just go to our main Symposium page and click on the registration button. When you fill out the the online form (it should only take a minute), make sure you check the appropriate box.
Being a session chair is a great way to meet colleagues from across campus and network for your future. What does a session chair do exactly? Being a session chair is not difficult but does involve the following responsibilities:
1. Arrive in the assigned room 5 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin.
2. Introduce yourself to the presenters.
3. If equipment (laptop, projector) is not functioning correctly, notify CTLT tech person.
4. Briefly introduce the session by simply stating the name of the session and the presenters.
5. Encourage the presenters to use the electronic timers located on the tables at the front of the room. This is especially important for sessions in which two individual presenters are sharing a time slot.
6. Make sure the session begins and ends on time.
7. Thank audience for attendance at end of session
Got questions? Email Dr. Julie-Ann McFann at email@example.com.
The 2014 University-Wide Teaching & Learning Symposium will be held Wednesday, January 8, 2014, at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Uptown Normal. Registration is free and lunch will be provided. If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the CTLT front desk at (309) 438-2542.