College of Business to host 2016 Early Career Achievement Awards ceremony
Illinois State University’s College of Business (COB) will host its annual Early Career Achievement Awards ceremony at 4:15 pm Friday, October 7, 2016, in the College of Business Atrium. The event, which free and open to the public, will be followed by a reception.
Early Career Achievement Awards (ECAA) recognize younger graduates who have demonstrated innovative and responsible professional leadership, the potential for future distinction and a commitment to serving others. One honoree is selected from each degree program.
They return to campus to receive their award and share advice with current students through panel discussions during Homecoming celebrations at Illinois State University.
Early Career Achievement Award winners must show the following characteristics:
- Graduate from one of the College of Business programs.
- Exemplary professional capabilities as demonstrated through entrepreneurial success, rapid promotions, industry recognition, or innovative practices leading to measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrated innovative and responsible professional leadership and the potential for distinction in the long term.
- Embodies the five core principals outlined in the College of Business Standards of Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct: responsibility, honesty, respect, fairness, and trust.
- Shown a substantial commitment to the service of others.
- Continued his or her professional growth through education or professional credentials.
2016 Early Career Achievement Awards winners
- Elisabeth Bellinger ’10, International Business
- Jeb Corley ’07, Marketing
- Shannon Falls ’00, Financial Accounting
- Fellicia Foster ’08, Business Administration
- Matt Fowles MBA ’12
- Kevin Halteman ’06, Finance and Insurance
- Matt Hurley ’11, Business Teacher Education
- Melissa Kats ’11, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Daniel Looney ’03, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Joseph Mazurkiewicz ’04, Marketing
- Ryan Meyer ’05, Finance
- Clayton Monfre ’07, Professional Sales
- James R. Patterson ’11, Business Information Systems
- April Rowe ’06, Human Resource Management
- Leisa Barton Rumshas ’03, Organizational Leadership, Marketing
- Lawrence Van Ryn III ’06, International Business