A test of ISU Emergency Alert will be conducted at 2:05 p.m. Monday, March 20. The following test message will be sent:
Subject line: TEST- ISU Emergency Alert
Body of message: TEST- This is a test of ISU Emergency Alert. Visit www.ilstu.edu/security for more information. This is only a TEST
The modes of communication to be tested include:
- Text alerts to registered cell phones
- All registered e-mail accounts
- Public space digital displays
- VOIP phones –tone and voice alert followed by text message on phone’s display
- Illinois State homepage
- Illinois State’s main Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Classroom desktop computer pop-up
Students are urged to notify their parents and others who are registered for ISU Emergency Alert that this test will be conducted at 2:05 p.m. Monday, March 20. Notification should also be given about the modes of communication to be tested.
The campus community is encouraged to be familiar with the University’s Emergency Response plans and guidance documents by reviewing:
- The ISU Campus Safety and Security Page: a collection point for information on the ISU Emergency Alert, how to respond to an emergency and much more.
- The Illinois State University Emergency Guide: a flip chart designed to provide information on how to respond to a variety of potential campus emergencies. These are posted in classrooms throughout campus.
- The University Emergency Management Plan: a comprehensive document which details how the University will respond to major emergencies on campus.
- For faculty/staff: Departmental Emergency Response Plans: documents that provide department-specific emergency response information.
- Questions regarding this test or campus emergency preparedness should be directed to Environmental Health and Safety at 438-8325.