Chicago Redbirds, grab a seat on the bus with old roommates and friends to take a trip back to your alma mater. Or even better, go on the perfect #RedbirdFamily outing! Whether alumni have young ones or those starting to think about where to go to college, this trip to campus will not disappoint. This is a chance to relive all those favorite times on campus while learning what’s new around town.
- Ever wonder how Lexington fits into the Illinois State puzzle? Wait no more with a visit to the University Farm on the way to town!
- Arrive on campus. Take a tour to see the changes and the many places that have remained the same.
- Eat lunch at Tri-Towers’ Marketplace at Linkins. An array of options will be available.
- Attend a matinee performance of Gamma Phi Circus. Illinois State’s collegiate circus is a show that will dazzle you with this year’s fairy-tale theme.
- After the show, get an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Dr. Jo Ann Rayfield Archives and learn how university history is documented. For those that are history buffs or just have a love for Illinois State, this should be a good time. After the history lesson, the group will tour the archives’ storage area called “The Stacks,” and see historic collections including the University’s collection of presidential portraits and Charles Hovey’s Civil War swords.
- Enjoy some free time! Explore more of campus, visit Uptown Normal, shop, and enjoy the beautiful day together as Redbirds.
- As the day comes to a close, come together and travel to the top of Watterson for a Bird’s Eye View tour.
- Head back home in the comfort of our charter while enjoying one more Illinois State staple for dinner—Avanti’s!
When: 7:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m. Saturday, April 21
Where: Depart from/return to Macy’s parking lot Oak Brook or Louis Joliet Mall. Driving is also an option.
Cost: $47 per person and $20 for children 4 and under. Includes round-trip charter bus to Normal, lunch, dinner, and a ticket to the matinee performance of Gamma Phi Circus.
Space is limited. Register by 4:30 p.m. April 9 online or by calling Alumni Relations at (309) 438-2586.