1095-C electronic consent
The Illinois State University Payroll Office is pleased to announce that active employees may elect to receive their 1095-C statements online through iPeople Employee Self Service in an IRS approved PDF format. This allows you to print and send the online form with your tax return. Employees will not have to worry about their tax documents being lost in the mail. Please call the University Payroll Office at (309) 438-7677 with any questions.
Benefits of receiving your tax documents electronically
- Online delivery provides access to tax documents earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery greatly reduces the chance that the 1095-C statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after the employee receives it.
- Employees can retrieve their tax documents anytime, anywhere.
- If accessing from off-campus, you will need to log in through the ISU VPN first.
- The ISU VPN can be set up by calling the IT Helpdesk at (309) 438-4357.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Tax documents will remain accessible online for multiple years.
- Electronic tax documents are more environmentally sustainable and cost friendly.
Giving consent and accessing tax documents electronically
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive their tax documents in an electronic format only. Once consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated. The process for giving consent and accessing your electronic tax documents is as easy as one, two, three.
- Consent to receive your tax documents electronically. Instructions can be found here.
- Watch for an email notification alerting you that your tax documents are available on iPeople Employee Self Service.
- View and print your tax documents.
- An employee who consents to receive their tax documents electronically will not receive a paper copy. If an employee does not consent, the University Payroll Office will mail their tax documents, using the US Postal Service, to their current address on record.
- The 2018 Electronic 1095-C Consent Statement is effective for 1095-C forms issued for the calendar year 2018 and all future periods until consent is withdrawn or the individual is no longer employed by Illinois State University.
- After giving consent, an employee may still request a paper 1095-C by contacting the Payroll Office in writing. The request for a paper 1095-C will not be considered as revoking consent to receive the 1095-C electronically.
- An employee may withdraw his or her consent through iPeople Employee Self Service and submitting the change. The withdrawal of consent does not apply to a 1095-C that was furnished electronically before the withdrawal of consent via Employee Self Service.
- Illinois State University will not provide the 1095-C electronically to an individual who has terminated his or her employment prior to January 31. These individuals will receive paper copies via U.S. mail. Only active University employees will have access to the electronic version of 1095-C. If a former employee requires an additional copy of the 1095-C, he or she may follow the aforementioned methods of contacting the Payroll Office.
- If an employee has consented to receive an electronic version of 1095-C and has not printed the form prior to termination, he or she should contact the Payroll office in order to receive a paper copy via U.S. mail.
- An employee must immediately update any contact information (mailing address, name change, etc.) by completing the Change of Address form in Campus Solutions.
- The Form 1095-C may be required to be printed and attached to a federal, state, or local income tax return.