The school year may look a little different for current students, alumni, and their Redbird families, but there are still many ways to stay connected to Illinois State from near or far with any mobile device, computer, or tablet. From interactive campus tours to delicious Redbird recipes, there is something for every Redbird family to learn and enjoy.
- Illinois State Zoom Backgrounds: Are you working or learning from home and missing the beautiful views of Illinois State? These Zoom virtual backgrounds will let you show off your Redbird Pride no matter where you are! Can’t decide which background is your favorite? Ask your Redbird family to help you pick!
- Interactive Campus Tour: Illinois State’s campus is a sight to see, with renovations and some beautifully maintained buildings and areas. Whether you miss your home away from home or just want to see how campus has changed, you can experience Illinois State with an interactive tour, featuring 360 degree views across campus. Click on your favorite spots or discover new ones so the next time you’re on campus, you can see it for yourself!
- Online Book Club: This virtual community connects Illinois State alumni and friends through reading. Why not get the whole family involved? Although you must be an Illinois State alum to join, your Redbird family can enjoy the book with you at home! It’s an opportunity for lifelong learning and personal growth. Participation is free and you just have to get a copy of the book to enjoy.
- Redbird Recipes: Looking to spice things up in the kitchen? Channel your inner Redbird Chef and try a new recipe! Not only can you try a new recipe from a fellow Redbird, but you can submit one of your own for other Redbirds and their families to enjoy. With vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan options, these tasty treats will satisfy the whole Redbird family.
- Reggie’s Kids Club Activities Book: From coloring pages to crosswords, this activity book has something for every Redbird family to enjoy. Take a break and grab some markers and colored pencils to complete this activity booklet with the Redbirds in your life. Remember, you’re never too young to share your Redbird Pride!
- Virtual Group Fitness Classes: Now more than ever, it’s important to stay mentally and physically healthy. To stay active and energized, Illinois State Campus Recreation has been posting fitness classes of various levels, along with additional resources for Redbirds to try and enjoy. Head to their page to complete a workout from wherever you are with your favorite Redbirds!
For additional online resources and updates on virtual events and activities, please visit Alumni.IllinoisState.edu.