To continue your exemption from tax withholding for 2021, you must provide a new form W-4 to the University Payroll Office by February 15.  If you do not provide a new form W-4 by February 15, withholding will be based on your last form W-4 that did not claim an exemption from withholding.

If you do not have a non-exempt form W-4 on file, tax withholding will occur as if you are single.  If you provide a new form W-4 claiming exemption from withholding on February 16 or later, it will apply to future wages but will not allow a refund of any taxes withheld during the period when the exempt status was not in place.