As we continue to thrive during the pandemic, Career Services is pleased to provide alumni with easy access to its spring career fairs. Because of the virtual format, alumni and all Redbirds near or far can connect with employers to learn about their open positions, all from their desktop.
Alumni seeking full-time positions, exploring new careers, or who just want to network with other professionals are welcome to attend to meet employers from all industries, including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and others.
Spring fair list
The following is a list of the fairs held this spring through Career Services:
Accounting Career Fair, Friday, February 19, connects recruiters hiring for accounting positions only with candidates in accounting and seeking an accounting position.
Spring Career Fair, Tuesday, February 23, connects employers with candidates from all majors seeking full-time positions.
Spring Education Career Fair, Tuesday, March 2, connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for open positions.
Important career fair prep tips
To help alumni prepare for the virtual fairs, Career Services is offering the following resources and events:
- InstaCareer – attend this career preparation sessions in which participants learn first-hand from recruiters how to introduce themselves well to employers, how to make a good first impression, how to dress appropriately online, and how to best research and follow-up with employers after career events. One date is specifically for education majors.
- Tips for how to navigate a virtual fair – learn how to not only navigate the fair, but how to effectively dress, set-up your seating space, and more.
- Career Resource Guide – check out this online booklet filled with helpful tips and advice such as how to construct an effective resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter, commonly asked interview questions, and more.
- Virtual drop-in hours and Late-night Resume Reviews – participate in a virtual resume review with a trained Career Services student representative.
- Symplicity Jobs and Careers app – download this free app to explore the employers attending each fair to identify which you most want to meet, research their organization, or just to let them know you want to connect with them.
- Fair preparation tips – visit Career Services Events and click on the fair you are interested in attending to access a list of helpful tips.
- Social media – join Career Services (@ilstucareers) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful preparation tips.
Accessing fair as an alum
Because the fairs are being held virtually, alumni must register in order to gain access to the career fairs. Alumni who have graduated recently, simply access their Hire-A-Redbird account to register and attend the virtual career fair. If alumni no longer have access to their account, sign up with your alumni information, at least four business days prior to gain access. The four-day requirement is essential, as Career Services will need sufficient time to process the request, provide information on how to login, and how to register for the fair.
Important information for alumni employers
If you have open positions within your organization, give back to Illinois State by recruiting a Redbird. Registration is open for all fairs. Be sure to review the instructions for how to navigate a Career Services virtual career fair.