Illinois State University’s College of Business (COB) will host its Early Career Achievement Awards ceremony during Homecoming 2021. Early Career Achievement Awards (ECAA) recognize younger graduates who have demonstrated innovative and responsible professional leadership, the potential for future distinction, and a commitment to serving others. One honoree is selected from each degree program.
This year 26 recipients representing the different departments throughout the COB for the years 2020 and 2021 will be in attendance to accept their award. These recipients return to campus to receive their award and share advice with current students through panel discussions during Homecoming celebrations at Illinois State.
Early Career Achievement Award winners must show the following characteristics:
- Graduate from one of the College of Business programs.
- Exemplary professional capabilities as demonstrated through entrepreneurial success, rapid promotions, industry recognition, or innovative practices leading to measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrated innovative and responsible professional leadership and the potential for distinction in the long term.
- Embodies the five core principals of responsibility, honesty, respect, fairness, and trust as outlined in the College of Business Standards of Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct.
- Shown a substantial commitment to the service of others.
- Continued his or her professional growth through education or professional credentials.
2020 Early Career Achievement Awards Winners
- Leah Baer ‘13 | Master of Science in Accountancy
- Kris Bajkowski ‘15 | Business Information Systems
- Elise Cowan ‘14 | Marketing
- Nick Currier ‘13 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Khamille De Lara ‘15 | International Business, Finance
- Elizabeth Flores ‘12 | Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
- Amanda Palmgren ‘10 | Finance
- Matt Maaske ‘11 | Business Teacher Education
- Todd Meadow ‘14 | Integrated Marketing Communications
- Alex Roark ‘14 | Financial Accounting, Finance
- Seth Stalter ‘15 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Jake Timmins ‘11 | Finance, Insurance
Read more about the 2020 Early Career Achievement Award Winners.
2021 Early Career Achievement Awards Winners
- Mira Andreeva ‘12 | Insurance
- Abby Devore ‘13 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Dan Eastman ‘10 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Brandon French ‘08 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Ryan Hamlin ‘14 | Integrated Marketing Communications
- David Heimberger ‘07 | Finance
- Miles Major ‘12 | B.S./M.P.A.
- Kayla Morse ‘16 | Human Resources
- Jared Sanders ‘10 | Entrepreneurship
- Amber Schaumburg ‘13 | Professional Sales
- Cassie Shaw ‘14 | Integrated Marketing Communications
- Kyle Sherman ‘12 | Organizational Leadership, International Business
- Mary Surprenant ‘11 | Business Teacher Education
- Pierre Yapo ‘12 | Financial Accounting
Read more about the 2021 Early Career Achievement Award Winners.
Early Career Achievement Awards ceremony will be held during Homecoming 2021 on Friday – October 13, 2021, in the Caterpillar Auditorium, State Farm Hall of Business at 3 p.m.